Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Janney Montgomery Scott, LLC regarding the recent breach of its client data. The Janney Montgomery Scott data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 31,000 individuals.
ABOUT JANNEY MONTGOMERY SCOTT LLC:
Janney Montgomery Scott is a financial services firm providing advice to individual, corporate, and institutional clients. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Janney Montgomery Scott was founded in 1832 and has over 5,000 employees.
On April 1, 2022, Janney Montgomery Scott was notified of a data breach involving its third-party communications provider that may have exposed sensitive personal identifiable information of Janney Montgomery Scott’s clients. On April 29, 2022, Janney Montgomery Scott began notifying clients whose information may have been impacted. The type of client information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Account number
- Account value
- Date of birth
If you are a current or former client of Janney Montgomery Scott LLC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Janney Montgomery Scott data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Janney Montgomery Scott LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.