Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating East Tennessee Children’s Hospital Association Inc. regarding its recent breach. The East Tennessee Children’s Hospital data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of over 420,000 patients.
ABOUT EAST TENNESSEE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL:
East Tennessee Children’s Hospital is a private pediatric medical center located in Knoxville, Tennessee. East Tennessee Children’s Hospital was founded in 1937 and provides services to Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky, and North Carolina. The hospital has over 5,000 employees and is certified as the only Regional Pediatric Center in East Tennessee.
Between March 11 and 14, 2022, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital experienced a data breach involving the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of its patients. On May 19, 2022, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital began notifying patients whose information may have been impacted. The type of patient information exposed includes:
- Contact information
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Medical record number
- Medical history information
If you are a current or former patient of East Tennessee Children's Hospital:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by East Tennessee Children’s Hospital;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.