Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Summit Eye Associates, P.C. regarding its recent breach. The Summit Eye Associates data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of over 53,000 patients.
ABOUT SUMMIT EYE ASSOCIATES, P.C.:
Summit Eye Associates is an ophthalmology clinic in Nashville, Tennessee. Summit Eye Associates has been in business for over 50 years and utilizes both eye surgeons and optometry doctors in its eye care practice.
On March 1, 2022, Summit Eye Associates was notified of a data breach involving its third-party electronic medical records provider that may have exposed the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of Summit Eye Associates’ patients. On April 27, 2022, Summit Eye Associates began notifying patients whose information may have been impacted. The type of patient information exposed includes:
- Patient name
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Medical record number
- Health insurance information
- Information regarding care received at Summit Eye Associates.
If you are a current or former patient of Summit Eye Associates, P.C.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Summit Eye Associates data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Summit Eye Associates;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.