Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Martin Tax & Financial Services (“Martin Tax”) regarding its recent breach. The Martin Tax data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information of over 11,000 clients.
ABOUT MARTIN TAX & FINANCIAL SERVICES:
Martin Tax is a tax firm headquartered in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. Founded in 1987, Martin Tax offers tax, investing, and financial planning services.
On February 15, 2022, Martin Tax was notified by its tax software provider that some tax returns pertaining to its clients were fraudulently filed. Martin Tax investigated the matter and confirmed that it experienced a data breach that exposed the sensitive information of some of its clients’ tax returns. The type of information exposed includes details present on client tax returns such as:
- First and last name
- Contact information
- Social Security number
- Income and other tax return information
- Bank account information
If you are a current or former client of Martin Tax & Financial Services:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Martin Tax data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Martin Tax;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.