Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Gershman Investment Corp., which does business as Gershman Mortgage, regarding its recent breach. The Gershman Mortgage data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable customer information of more than 52,000 individuals
ABOUT GERSHMAN MORTGAGE:
Gershman Mortgage is a residential and commercial lender headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Gershman Mortgage specializes in home loans, conventional loans, healthcare facility financing, and other types of loan products. Gershman Mortgage is licensed in 17 states and has over 500 employees.
In September 2021, Gershman Mortgage experienced a data breach after an unauthorized party gained access to the company’s computer systems. Gershman Mortgage investigated the breach and determined that personal information belonging to its customers may have been copied from its systems without authorization between September 7 and 22, 2021. Gershman Mortgage’s review of the impacted data determined that following personal information was impacted:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Financial account number
If you are a current or former customer of Gershman Mortgage:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Gershman Mortgage data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Gershman Mortgage;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.