Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Parker-Hannifin Corporation regarding its recent breach of employee information. The Parker-Hannifin Corporation data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to current and former employees, their dependents, and members of Parker’s Group Health Plans (including health plans sponsored by an entity acquired by Parker). The data breach impacted over 110,000 individuals.
Parker-Hannifin Corporation is a Fortune 250 corporation specializing in motion and control technologies. Headquartered in Mayfield Heights, Ohio, in Greater Cleveland, Parker-Hannifin Corporation has over 50,000 employees and annual revenue over $14 billion.
On March 14, 2022, Parker-Hannifin Corporation identified “unusual activity” on its computer network and investigated the activity with the assistance of third-party forensic specialists. The investigation determined that an unauthorized actor had access to Parker-Hannifin’s IT systems between March 11, 2022, and March 14, 2022. As part of the investigation, Parker-Hannifin Corporation reviewed the impacted files and determined that they contained sensitive personal information. This information may have included individuals’ name in combination with one or more of the following:
- Social Security number;
- Driver’s license number;
- Dates of birth;
- Passport number;
- Financial account information (bank account and routing number);
- Online account username / password;
- Enrollment information, including health insurance plan member ID number;
- Dates of service, provider name, claims information; and/or
- Medical and clinical treatment information.
If you are a current or former employee of Parker-Hannifin Corporation:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Parker-Hannifin Corporation data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Parker-Hannifin Corporation;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.