Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Shorr Packing Corporation regarding its recent breach of employee information. The Shorr Packing Corporation data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information of employees and their beneficiaries.
ABOUT SHORR PACKING CORPORATION
Hanchett Paper Company (d/b/a Shorr Paper Packaging Corporation is an independent distributor of packing materials and equipment. Shorr Packaging Corporation has branches, warehouses, and distribution centers across the country. It is headquartered in Aurora, Illinois.
According to a notice posted on the Maine’s Attorney General website, Shorr Packing Corporation experienced a “data security incident” on January 31, 2021. Shorr’s investigation concluded that an unauthorized actor gained access to and obtained data from Shorr’s network, impacting employees and their beneficiaries. The impacted data contained the following types of personal information:
- Social Security numbers
- Dates of birth
- Financial account information
If you are a current or former employee or customer of Shorr Packing Corporation:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Shorr Packing Corporation data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Shorr Packing Corporation;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.