Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company (“UTM”) regarding its recent breach of employee information. The UTM data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of more than 28,000 current and/or former employees.
Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company is a semi-truck dry van, flatbed, and refrigerated van trailer manufacturing company, based in the City of Industry, Los Angeles County, California.
According to a company news release dated February 9, 2022, UTM experienced a “malware attack” between April 5 and April 25, 2021. UTM’s investigation concluded that an unauthorized actor gained access to and obtained data from UTM’s computer systems impacting over 28,000 individuals. The impacted data contained the following types of personal information:
- Social Security numbers
- Financial account information and
- Medical information.
If you are a current or former employee or customer of UTM:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the UTM data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.