Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating South Shore Hospital (“SSH”) regarding its recent breach of patient and employee information. The SSH data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of more than 115,000 individuals.
ABOUT SOUTH SHORE HOSPITAL:
South Shore Hospital is a hospital located in Chicago, Illinois.
According to a hospital news release dated February 4, 2022, SSH experienced “unauthorized activity” on its network on December 10, 2021. SSH’s investigation concluded that an unauthorized actor gained access to SSH patient and employee data, impacting over 115,000 individuals. The impacted data contained the following types of personal information:
- Social Security numbers
- Dates of birth
- Financial Information
- Health insurance information
- Medical Information
- Health insurance policy numbers
- Medicare/Medicaid information
If you are a current or former employee or patient of SSH:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the SSH data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by South Shore Hospital;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.