Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Family Christian Health Center (“FCHC”) regarding its recent breach of patient information. The FCHC data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information of more than 31,000 individuals.
Family Christian Health Center is a health center located in Harvey, IL.
According to a notice published on Family Christian Health Center’s website, FCHC discovered a “ransomware attack” on November 30, 2021. FCHC’s investigation concluded that an unauthorized actor gained access to patient information, impacting over 31,000 individuals. The impacted data contained the following types of personal information:
- Social Security numbers
- Dates of birth
- Insurance card numbers
- Driver’s license numbers
If you are a current or former patient of FCHC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the FCHC data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Family Christian Health Center;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.