Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Startek, Inc. (“Startek”) regarding its recent breach of consumer and employee information. The Startek data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information of more than 20,000 individuals.
Startek is a business consulting firm located in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
According to a company news release dated January 21, 2022, Startek experienced a “network disruption” on June 26, 2021. Startek’s investigation concluded that an unauthorized actor gained access to and obtained data from the Statek network, impacting over 20,000 individuals. The impacted data contained the following types of personal information:
- Social Security numbers
- Dates of birth
If you are a current or former employee or customer of Startek:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Startek data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by StarTek, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.