Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Emmanuel College regarding its recent data breach. The Emmanuel College data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT EMMANUEL COLLEGE:
Emmanuel College is a private, Catholic, liberal arts and sciences college located in Boston, Massachusetts. Founded in 1919, Emmanuel College offers over 70 majors, minors, and concentrations through its five academic schools: School of Business & Management, School of Science & Health, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, School of Education, and the Maureen Murphy Wilkens School of Nursing & Clinical Sciences.3 Competing in Division III of the NCAA as the Saints, Emmanuel College has 16 intercollegiate varsity athletic teams and enrolls over 2,000 students annually.3
Recently, Emmanuel College discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Emmanuel College determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information on April 27, 2023. In January 2024, Emmanuel College began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information potentially exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information (e.g., financial account number, credit/debit card numbers)
- Medical records
If you received a breach notification letter from Emmanuel College:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Emmanuel College data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Emmanuel College:
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.