Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating C.R. Pharmacy Service, Inc. which does business as CarePro Health Services (“CarePro”) regarding its recent data breach. The CarePro data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT C.R. PHARMACY SERVICE, INC. D/B/A CAREPRO HEALTH SERVICES:
CarePro is an employee-owned healthcare service provider based in Iowa. Founded in 1971, CarePro provides pharmacy services, home health nursing, medical equipment and healthy living programs to patients and clients in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois.3 From prescriptions and vitamins, to complex mobility equipment, to workplace wellness programs, CarePro offers a variety of healthcare services and products to help meet healthcare needs.3 Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, CarePro has six additional locations in Iowa and New York and employs over 50 individuals.
On November 16, 2023, CarePro discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, CarePro determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information on or around November 14, 2023. On January 15, 2024, CarePro began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information potentially exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license and passport number
- Financial information
- Contact information
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis/condition information, treatment information, lab results, service date, provider name, prescription information)
- Health insurance and/or claim information
If you received a breach notification letter from C.R. Pharmacy Service, Inc. d/b/a CarePro Health Services:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the CarePro data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by C.R. Pharmacy Service, Inc. d/b/a CarePro Health Services;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.