Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Great Expressions Dental Centers regarding its recent data breach. The Great Expressions Dental Centers data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT GREAT EXPRESSIONS DENTAL CENTERS:
Great Expressions Dental Centers is a medical facility specializing in dental treatment. As a general dentistry, Great Expressions Dental Centers offers a variety of services including orthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and pedodontics. Founded in 1975, Great Expressions Dental Centers began with its initial practice opening in Dearborn, Michigan. Today, Great Expressions Dental Centers has grown into a multi-practice dental care provider with over 300 practices across 9 states.
Recently, Great Expressions Dental Centers discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Great Expressions Dental Centers determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between February 17 and February 22, 2023. On May 12, 2023, Great Expressions Dental Centers began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Financial account information
- Credit and debit card numbers
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis and treatment information, medical and dental history, treatment plans, x-ray images)
- Health insurance information
If you received a breach notification letter from Great Expressions Dental Centers:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Great Expressions Dental Centers data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Great Expressions Dental Centers;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.